We may earn commission from companies mentioned on this blog, however our praise cannot be bought!
I really hope it all works out for us is Portugal – because I really don’t want to move house and country ever again! In past posts, I have mentioned it is all a bit of a roller-coaster ride – well, now, every week that happens makes it seem like the previous one was a walk in the park by comparison! It doesn’t help that I have bitten off a whole load of work just before moving – absolute lunacy in terms of stress-levels, but (I hope) worth it as the money will bring us some additional financial security when we get there.
The rollercoaster is still is motion, just faster and crazier than before. It seems as if we can experience euphoria, despair and panic, each several times in the same day! At the same time though, when we do hit a moment of calm clarity I can look back over my multicoloured diary in Microsoft Outlook and see how much IS getting done. So, here are some of the things that are now done, that weren’t done this time last week:
1. My wife and I now both have proper Portugese debit cards for accounts with some money in them!
2. We both have new passports that don’t expire for 10 years!
3. One-way flights are booked, as is car hire for the first few weeks of our arrival, and a hotel for the night before our early Easyjet flight.
4. Removal booking should be confirmed tomorrow.
5. Cupboards, drawers, wardrobes, stacks of trainers etc. are being reduced / recycled / offloaded as appropriate.
6. It looks like we have a buyer for our beloved car – it will be sad to see it go but the steering wheel is on the wrong side!
7. The first of the boxes are ACTUALLY PACKED.
It may not sound like a huge amount but we have fitted it in around 12 hour working days! This morning, at least, I feel like we are getting somewhere – that doesn’t mean I won’t have had another “mini-meltdown” by the end of the day though (probably when I see the Ebay pile in the dining room which is getting bigger rather than smaller!)
* The soundtrack to our rollercoaster ride has been a fantastic Michael Jackson tribute mix by a DJ called Chris Read – a free download I found some time ago which hasn’t left my Ipod since – for anyone interested it can be found here – http://www.musicofsubstance.com/html/mp3-downloads.htm The post title is from “We’re almost there” by Michael Jackson – RIP.
32 days to go 🙂