We may earn commission from companies mentioned on this blog, however our praise cannot be bought!
After my slightly negative post on Friday, it’s time to put my positive head on again to start the week. Also, I am either getting more used the weather or it has cooled down a bit, so no moaning from me today!
So to start my week filled with positivity. Here are….seven positive ways life has changed since we moved to Portugal:
1. My most frequently used method of public transportation is now a small boat that takes me to the local beach and back, sometimes with a light spray of sea cooling us down as we go. This certainly beats London Underground and South West Trains.
2. We now start each day with a drink on a sunny balcony, rather than in a car, hating every other human-being on the A3.
3. I often have time to have lunch at a table – rather than lunch which is encased in pastry and eaten whilst walking and checking emails on a handheld device.
4. Swimming is now something we do almost daily rather than something we just do on holiday.
5. Our main method of cooking is outside on a barbecue rather than the wok in the Chinese takeaway down the road.
6. We look tanned and healthy, rather than drawn and anaemic.
7. We get to wear shorts and flip flops every day without the risk of coming home with trench-foot.
As always, for sense of balance, here are a few things that aren’t quite as good.
1. We have a LOT less money.
2. We now frequently buy meat that we discover is off when we get it home and have to throw it away.
3. We have to be a lot more organised in terms of making sure we have what we need at home – no 24 hour Tesco’s for us any-more!
It’s really not bad at all. My little whinge last week should only be viewed as a blip 🙂
Have a good week.
Image credit: Martyn Davies